Planning time away from baby means finding a trusted babysitter or babysitter who can take care of your little one just like you would. Although it is not the same, you can find a trustworthy person to be able to go to work or where you should go with complete peace of mind, knowing that your baby will be in good hands and taken care of all the time.
This may seem impossible, but it is necessary that you take into account some of the necessary qualities so that you find the best babysitter who can take excellent care of your child. Ideally, take a few steps to help the trusted new babysitter get to know you, get to know your baby, and also get to know your home. The person caring for your child should have important information at hand, such as the most important phone numbers or where they can reach you in an emergency.
Safety and first aid
The first thing you should know is if your babysitter has adequate first aid training, this is essential to be able to act quickly in dangerous moments where this training is required. In this sense, prioritize the choice of a babysitter who knows how to perform first aid techniques. It is also important that you remember some safety points in the care of your baby, if it is important you can leave them written (although if you have already cared for babies before they are things you should know):
- The baby should not be placed on an adult bed or high surface, they are fast, slide and can fall.
- You will need to place your baby on his back to sleep.
- The babysitter needs to know the signs of illness in a baby: skin color changes, sweating, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, excessive irritation, etc.
- Show your babysitter where you keep the extinguishers in case of fire, explain how they are used.
- Make sure the babysitter knows where the first aid supplies are kept.
- Remind the babysitter to keep any small plastic items, balloons, or other items out of the baby’s reach.
- You should never leave your baby alone in the bathtub, or in a room … Not for two seconds. If she has to answer the door or the phone, the baby should go with her.
Get acquainted with the home
- Before leaving the babysitter alone with your baby, make sure she knows every corner of the house well.
- Make sure all windows are closed and the babysitter knows how to keep them closed.
- Show the babysitter instructions on how to use safety gates to prevent falls.
- Show the kangaroo where there are flashlights in case the power goes out, where the counters are, etc.
- Make sure the babysitter knows where scissors, knives, and other objects that can cause injury are so she can keep them out of the reach of your children at all times.
You need to remember that childcare is more than just a service that allows parents to work. Taking care of children can affect your child’s development in many ways: physical, emotional, intellectual, and social. For this reason, it is essential that you find quality child care that is appropriate for your children. You have to be careful in choosing people who charge little or who have no training, because in the long run this could be a serious problem. Quality care for your children will give you total peace of mind.